Monday, March 5, 2007

As I prepared for what promises to be fun filled trip to EclipseCon, Amber and Ruby were certainly less than thrilled to see my bag ready to go so shortly after my earlier trip last week.

The trip to the airport was uneventful and Marcelo, Nick, and Dave all made it with plenty of time to spare; there was lots of it because the plane left an hour late.

We got the the Hyatt late on Saturday, just late enough for the restaurant to be closed. But they serve food in the lobby, so we didn't go hungry.

Today it was time to hang out in the lobby. Of course Marcelo is never far from his computer:

Kevin and Jeff were having a nice chat when some idiot with a camera interrupted. Sorry guys, but stardom has its price!

Unfortunately Philippe (of JDT fame) escaped my camera, but Marcelo and I had a very nice chat with him. In the registration room, Ian and Nick ensure that no freeloaders dig too deeply into the free snacks:

Later in the evening, after the planning council meeting, Ian Skerrett's, blog party was in full swing:

Wassim escaped my camera as well, but I'll get him next time. Maybe he'll have shaved by then and will make a much prettier picture. If not, I'll have to touch him up.

Ward and Bjorn were nearby all the activity as well. I'm not sure why Bjorn was giving me "that look"! I was so helpful at the council meeting and even refrained from flashing those folks.

Good times were had by all, including Nick, me, Dave, Marcelo, Ian, Chris, and Gunnar.

Tomorrow should be fun as well. I get to sit in on the Eclipse board meeting after my stunning committer rep election win. To think that out of five candidates I actually won one of the five positions. It was almost too close to call! Thanks to all those who took the time to vote!

I'll bet you're all just waiting on the edge of your seats for my next in depth report about life at EclipseCon. Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

I'm sitting in my hotel room at the Hilton. Those two guarding the snack table. I've seen those two yesterday. :) They didn't tackle me while I was making a dash for the brownies.

Still recovering from my jetlag here (9 hour time difference) so it's 4 in the middle of the night. Ouch.

Regards,
Jeroen

Donald Smith said...

Ed, do you own a two-headed dog?

- Don

Ed Merks said...

Don,

No, I own two single headed dogs. I'm often asked how I can tell them apart, but they are really quite distinguishable and definitely physically separable. They spend a good portion of their lives sitting in my lap at the computer, particularly Amber (the one in the back).

nickb said...

If it makes you feel any better, everyone I meet (dog- and non-dog people alike) can't fathom how I can tell my dogs apart. This includes an aunt-in-law who has identical twin sons.