Thursday, August 23, 2007

Closely Supervised Work

I recently gave up my office at the Toronto lab to work at home full time and to also enjoy the tax benefits of having a home office. You might ask yourself though, who supervises whether you are really working when you are at home and not just puttering in the garden of Eden, or is it the garden of good and evil? Anyway, let me assure you, my every keystroke is closely monitored at home more so than at the office.


As you can see Amber prefers to be on top and is far more vigilant than Ruby in her supervisory duties. You can imagine that neither of the girls likes it when I need to use the mouse, being right handed and all, so for their comfort and enjoyment, I bought a very cool USB ThinkPad-style keyboard with the UltraNav button right on the keyboard. Now they can rest their little chins and paws on either arm in style and in comfort without all those annoying lurches for the mouse. It's good to keep your supervisors as happy as possible!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I am working from home right now, with a little dog chin on my arm. Glad to know I'm not the only one :>

Lawrence Mandel said...

Perhaps not the most ergonomic way to work but definitely one of the more comfortable ways. Now if you can just get one of those dogs to do your homework...