Friday, October 3, 2008

Be Careful What You Ask For

One of life's most important lessons is "Be careful what you ask for, because you might get it." As punishment for joining Kim in critiquing the lack of diversity and fashion sense of the orange-clad committer geek on the new home page, see 249371 for the sordid details, Kim and I are now the new improved cool committers. I'll capture the page here for posterity when the webmasters are done playing their jokes on us by making a mockery of Eclipse's hallowed home page:



I consider the use of my image as derivative work, but given that it's made available under Ed's Public License---they've definitely make the derivative work available in source form---my legal council has informed me that I have no legal recourse. Wassim, you can probably see me better than Russia now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those who do not learn from the Pussycat Dolls are doomed to...ummm...listen to them?

-- Dave

Kim Moir said...

ummm, the picture on eclipse.org is Kim Horne, not Kim Moir.

Kim H. and I are often mistaken for each other, even in our own lab. We often joke that we are going to order t-shirts that say "You're looking for the other Kim". It may be time to finally place that order.

Here is the way to tell us apart
Kim H. is taller
Newlywed
Cool tattoos
UI guru

Kim M.
Oldywed
No tattoos but often racing in running shoes
I *heart* the command line

Ed Merks said...

I put in the wrong link originally and then though to look at the bugzilla to make sure I got the right Kim. I felt quite pleased with myself for not having screwed it up by double checking first. If I'd only put the link on the first reference to Kim rather than the second and different Kim, I could have gotten away with this little fiasco. I'm going to have to insist on unique names; a UUID would really best.

Note that your distinguishing features are unhelpful in this case. In the small picture, I can't tell tall from short, the marital status is obscured by lack of visible ring fingers, and the tattoos are all covered up. Couldn't you at least try harder to not both be blond a beautiful?

As you can see, it's pretty much all your fault. In fact, you instigated this whole problem in the first place, didn't you?

pookzilla said...

Goddamnit, this had to happen when I was on my honeymoon. You got lucky, Merks. :P